We had a huge snowstorm the week before Christmas that dumped about 2 feet of snow on Philly. I've lived here for 5 winters now, and that was by far the biggest storm I had seen in the city! (See blog post It looks a lot like Christmas.) And now, in the past week, we've had two more huge snow storms.
Call it Snowmaggedon, call it Apocalypse Snow...whatever you want to call it, it's been messy! The first storm dumped 28 inches in Center City over the weekend. The view outside our door...
And my car, which I thankfully haven't needed yet.
So that was Saturday/Sunday. Tuesday comes along, and we have another blizzard warning in effect for 4pm Tuesday until midnight on Wednesday. Say what? All schools, government offices, postal services, stores, and public transportation shut down. Not to mention that the highways were all closed, and Mayor Nutter said that anyone who was "non-essential" was to stay put. The police even told the local news crews, who were reporting from various local towns, to get going...ha!
I got cabin fever and decided to spend some time outside. This is a shot of our patio while it was still snowing. The black rim in the background is our table...
Check out that grill mound!
And I thought I would try my hand at making a snowman...it's been a long time! I was probably a tween playing with the Hollander boys the last time I made one...
This evening the official announcement was made that this is the snowiest winter in Philadelphia history (70.3 inches so far this season). I could swear that Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz (local meteorologist) got choked up on the news when he said, "No matter how old you are, you probably will never experience a winter like this in your lifetime, again." Tear.
3 comments:
I love the comment by the local weatherman... lol!
Your snowman is cute. :)
Arguably the cutest snowman I've ever seen!
our snowmen did not have cool glasses
Post a Comment